ATM & CheckCard Guide
You’ve got the card – Here’s how to keep it safe!
Using your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard (Debit Card) is one of the safest ways to get cash or make purchases. Just follow these simple safety rules. Make them a habit. And teach new cardholders in your family the same procedures.
Approach With Caution
- Never insert your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard or enter your pin in any terminal that does not look genuine, has been modified, has a suspicious device attached, or is operating in a suspicious manner.
- At a drive-up facility, keep your doors locked and all passenger windows closed.
- Remove your cash, receipt and card after every transaction. If you make a withdrawal, pocket cash immediately.
- Have your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard ready when you approach an ATM.
- Block others’ view. Always stand between the terminal and any person who is waiting, or cup your hand over the keypad as you enter your personal identification number (PIN).
You can help prevent fraudulent activity on your account be remembering these guidelines:
- Memorize your PIN. Don’t tell anyone your PIN or account number and never loan anyone your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard. Never write your PIN on your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard or anything you carry with or near your card.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately. You can greatly reduce fraudulent transactions by reporting it quickly.
- Never give your PIN over the phone. Be especially cautious about information you discuss when using cellular phones.
- Know who you are talking to. Never give unsolicited callers personal information and account number over the phone.
- Don’t fall prey to “Phishing.” Never respond to an e-mail requesting you to provide card, PIN, or personal information via the internet.
Take Care of Your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard
- Treat your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard as if it were cash or a credit card. Protect it by not exposing the magnetic stripe to other magnetic objects, which can deactivate your card.
- Record and file the name of your card’s issuer and the necessary phone numbers for reporting its loss or theft. File the information safely.
You now have convenience at your fingertips. Your card allows you to make purchases, receive cash, request your balance, and transfer money between your checking and savings accounts. Your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard can be used with a PIN or at a VISA® Debit location without a PIN.
How to Use Your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard for Purchases
Your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard can be used at retail locations with a PIN. During the transaction some stores may allow you to request cash back. Your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard can also be used without a PIN at VISA® Debit locations. Instead of using your PIN, you can sign a receipt for the transaction, just like you would for a credit card transaction; however, the money is taken directly from your bank account. The store associate will be able to assist you during this process.
Where to Use it
Your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard can be used at ATM and retail locations around the world. To identify where you can perform a transaction, match any logo on your Bank of the Wichitas® VISA® CheckCard to the ATM or POS logos at the terminal.